These are absolutely stunning piece of art work, I would say, and of course, tasty! Very simple to make, and give great joy in return.
- 4 Tomatoes, large and ripened, and finely diced.
- 1 large Onion, finely sliced.
- Cumin seeds (jeera), 1 spoon.
- black pepper
- fresh basil, 6 leaves, chopped.
- olive oil.
- Oregano, a pinch.
- 1 green chilly, finely chopped.
- Start with the sauce. heat some good glug of olive oil in a pan.
- now add cumin seeds, finely chopped onions. Caramelize them.
- Add in green chilies and diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle some salt, cover with lid, and let it simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
- Now add about a cup of water, and bring to boil.
- You should have a nice, consistent sauce by now.
- gently break in eggs, at various places in the sauce. We will poach them now.
- Keep basting them with liquid around.
- The egg whites will be ready in few minutes. Now it depends, how you like your yolks. Since I like them not too runny, I covered with lid for another 2 minutes or so.
- Serve with toasted bread of your choice.