The Bewda Murga returns, and is green and mean this time 😛
I wanted to cook with beer again, and wanted to spice the chicken with coriander. This is a simple and elegant dish dish. Beauty for the taste buds and for sight as well. It is a two part recipe, the coriander chutney to marinate the chicken with and cooking it. Let’s get started.
Part I, Chutney.
- Fresh coriander, a bunch
- garlic cloves – 5
- Ginger, about the same in volume as garlic.
- 1 Tomato
- Green Chillies – 2. Now, I had the one very spicy. Take how much you can survive, and notch it up a little higher.
- salt – 1 tablespoon
In a mixer, put all the ingredients together, add some water and some olive oil (any vegetable oil will also do). Churn well, till you get an even paste. This is the marinade.
Now take the chicken pieces and marinate them with this chutney. Leave it for half an hour to one hour.
Part II, Let the chicken drink!
- Large onion, finely chopped.
- Jeera (cumin) 1 table spoon
- Star anise – 2
- 1 big elaichi (cardamom)
- 1 small cinnamon stick (dal chini)
- Beer of your choice!
- some oil.
- Heat the spices on a hot pan till jeera starts cracking.
- Take the spices out and crush them. Keep aside.
- Heat some oil in the pan and saute the onions.
- throw in the spices.
- Now carefully place all the chicken pieces on the sides of pan, so that they are away from spices. Sear them from all sides.
- Now drop in the left over marinade.
- Keep stiring, till the liquid dries up.
- Now the magic happens, pour in the beer, till it covers half of the chicken.
- stir up.
- cover with lid and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Voila! it’s done
Serve and EAT!!!!