Here comes a veg recipe that I’m particularly proud of, after how it came by. I mean it came out just brilliant, and was a hit among my office friends!
This came out after watching another episode of Gordon Ramsey on Shepherd’s Pie. I wanted to do an Indian version and a veg one. So here it is!
- Paneer (Best if freshly prepared)
- grated carrot
- green chilly
- black pepper
- olive oil
Step 1 Prepare Paneer
I prepared my own paneer fot it! Well its pretty simple and actually I feel it works better for this dish rather than buying a block of panner and then you have to grate it or mash it.
- Bring about 1 liter of full cream milk to boil.
- Slowly squeeze lemon juice into this. The milk will start to curdle now. Keep boiling.
- You should have a light green colored liquid separated from the curdled stuff now.
- Strain the liquid, paneer is ready. Leave it to drain in a strainer.
Step 2 The veggies!
- Finely chop a large onion
- grate one carrot
- and slice 1 – 2 big potatoes. Chips width thin.
- Finely chop 2 green chilies and 2 cloves of garlic
Step 3 The layers!
- Start with greasing a baking tray with some olive oil.
- Spread all the paneer evenly to form a layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Now a layer of onions
- layer of carrots
- Layer of potato chips.
- season with salt and pepper.
- Heat some Olive oil and butter in a pan. Add garlic and chilly. Heat for few seconds. And now spread that over potatoes.
- Throw some leaves of fresh rosemary.
- layer with grated cheese. Be generous. Cheese always loves you back!
Step 4 Bake that thing!
Bake this for about 20 minutes in an oven at 220 C.
Step 5 EAT and ENjoy!!!