Spaghetti aglio e olio, is simple and requires very little time to prepare. In fact it means “Spaghetti in Garlic and olive oil”.
Delmonte India has organized a contest to prepare and publish your best pasta recipe. More information can be found below:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DelMonteIndia
Indiblogger Page: https://www.indiblogger.in/indistuff/17/
Serves : 1
- 100 gm Spaghetti [I used Delmonte]
- 6 large cloves of garlic, finely sliced.
- Parsley, about one hand full, finely chopped
- 2 large Mushroom button, sliced.
- Virgin Olive oil, a little less than 1/4th cup.
- A dab of butter
- Salt [to season]
- Pepper mix [black, red, white and green kernels crushed to season]
- Red chilli flakes [ to season – 1/2 tea spoon]
Step 1 Spaghetti
In a large sauce pan, add about 100 gm of Spaghetti, fill with water and keep to boil. Add about a teaspoon of oil to avoid sticky situation. This should take about 8-10 minutes. Once done, drain the water, and keep aside.
Step 2 The sauce or the Oil in this case
- Take a frying pan, add the olive oil. Bring it to heat. Now add a dab of butter.
- Throw in the sliced garlic.
- Add salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- When the garlic is just turning golden brown, add the sliced mushrooms.
- Take of the heat, and add the spaghetti. Keep turning.
- Now add the finely chopped Parsley.
Step 3 Serve
Serve the spaghetti in a plate, and garnish with more parsley, and season with some salt and pepper. Enjoy!