Tarte Tatin, a french classic, discovered by accident by twin sisters at Tatin Restaurant. I saw this recipe by Julia Child, and man I have been thinking of doing it for months. Here I’m with all that is required.
- Apples 2
- Butter [unsalted] / Ghee
- Pastry Dough
Step 1 Cut them, apples the!
Step 2 Caramelize!
- Take a pan, now this is important. This pan will eventually go into oven, so make sure no plastic stuff. Ok, So take a pan, spread butter evenly on it. Now spread about half a cup of sugar on it.
- Start placing sliced apples on it, in a flower form.
- Turn the heat up, and let the apples caramelize.
- Once, they are golden, turn the heat off.
- Shape the dough in a large circle, and cover the apples with the dough.
- Bake it on 200 C for about 25 minutes
- Take it out, cover with a plate, and invert.