Since I’m still learning the sweeter art of baking, I’m confused in calling these biscuits or cookies. Well whatever they may be, these are awesome!
Rumly yumm yumm cookies! an ode to engineer’s favorite, Old Monk!
- Flour [maida] – 1 and 1/2 cups
- 1 egg
- sugar – 1/4 cup, crystallized.
- rum soaked raisins and almonds, 10-15
- unsalted butter / canola oil / ghee – 1/3 cups
- Take a large bowl and add everything in there. The raisins should be soaked overnight.
- Dirty your hands now, and mix them thoroughly. Make a nice dough.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and cool in the fridge for at least 1 hour. This will firm up the pastry.
- Take out the dough and place it between two baking paper sheets.
- Now with rolling pin, roll it till you get a nice even sheet.
- remove the top paper sheet.
- Slice them or shape them with cookie cutters.
- bake with the lower sheet for 15 – 20 min at 180-200 C.
EAT and Serve!