I was in Goa early this month and brought back the Xacuti masala. It is a traditional Goan masala, quiet close to malavani in look and smell. I did make this dish with a little twist of my own.
- 250 gms mutton ribs
- 2-3 spoon white wine
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk.
- xacuti masala – 3 spoons
- garlic – 5 cloves
- 2 large green chillies.
- butter, a dab
- olive oil
- In a large sauce pan, heat some olive oil and butter.
- Now add in all the mutton pieces and sear them.
- Just squash the garlic and slit the green chillies and throw in the pan.
- When done searing, add masala and salt. and deglaze with white wine.
- Let the wine evaporate. This will give a sweet hint to the meat.
- Add the coconut milk and cover with lid.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, till the meat is tender.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!