Finally an alcoholic veg recipe from me 🙂 . I was fed up of not cooking for quite long, due to my hand injury. But this Sunday watching TLC whole day, I ran to kitchen, and cooked this dish with whatever came in my hand. And it came out pretty good.
- Paneer, chopped into small cubes, about 100 gms. Tofu can also be used in the dish.
- Sabutdana, soaken for about 3 hours, 1/2 cup
- Red wine, about 1/2 cup
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Black pepper
- Fresh coriander
- Black sesame seeds (1 tea spoon)
- Onion, chopped, 1
- 1/2 lemon.
This dish involves two parts. One, cooking the paneer, and second, preparing sabutdana khichdi.
Part I The red wine paneer
- Toss 1 tea spoon of black sesame seeds on a hot pan.
- Add some oil, about 1 tea spoon, and throw in diced paneer.
- Keep tossing, till you get some good red colour on paneer.
- Now throw in finely chopped onions. Toss them.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper according to taste.
- Now add red wine, about half a cup.
- Keep stirring on low heat till, you get a consistent gravy.
- Garnish with some chopped fresh coriander.
Part II Sabutdana
- Drain the soaked sabutdana.
- Take a clean pan, and some oil.
- Heat the pan on low flame. Throw in the sabutdana.
- Keep stirring. Sabutdana will stick to the pan very quickly.
- Sprinkle salt and keep stirring.
- Its done when, everything tries to stick and forms a lump.
- Add a dash of some lemon juice and serve with paneer.